Friday, July 18, 2008

Across the Pond

Well, after a loooooong wait in the airport and a trip across the pond, we made it to London! We arrived in the city around 1:30, checked into our hotel, and started exploring. We went on a narrated bus tour on the top of a double decker bus, and got off at the Tower of London. Brian really enjoyed learning about all of the executions that took place there. Me, not so much. But I did enjoy the rest of it, including seeing the most giant diamond ever! After that we were starving so we got back on the bus and found a sweet pub. Oh yeah, to get to the pub we walked by Shakespeare's Globe and over the Millenium Bridge. After eating we walked back over the Thames River to the Tate Modern and saw some Picasso, Mondrian, and other weird things that were supposed to be art? It's now 8:40, but we are both so tired that we've decided to head home for the night and get a fresh start tomorrow. We're off to Stonehenge, Windsor Castle, and Oxford. I'll try to write more tomorrow and also post some pictures. (I left my cord in the hotel.) Until then, Cheers!

4 comments:

Lauren Swan said...

glad you made it safe!!! cajun is doing just fine. murph is finally tired of chasing and chewing on him :) have a blast in london! tell the queen hi for me.

Anonymous said...

We are so happy that you had a great first day!
You will love your tour tomorrow. Let me know if you received the email I just sent you-this one didn't work the first time I tried it because it wouldn't take the password I tried.
We could picture where you were today since we just walked the same way on our last day in London.
Looking forward to hearing about tomorrow!
Love, Mom and Dad

Carol said...

This is my third try to leave you a message-I hope it works! We loved your blog and could picture where you were since we just went to the same places! You will love your tour tomorrow! Can't wait to hear all about it!
Love, Mom and Dad

Carol said...

So glad everything went well with your tour today!
Can't wait to see pictures! How did you like "our neighborhood"?
Love, mom