Sunday, October 21, 2012

Handmade Halloween

This year I decided to try my hand at making the kids' Halloween costumes. Matthew actually had an opinion about his costume this year, which was quite a change from last year when he refused to wear one! He wanted to be a Super Reader. They do make a Super Reader costume, but it looked cheap and was expensive so I decided to figure it out on my own. Matthew was so excited every day when he got up from his nap this week to come upstairs and see what part of the costume I had made. He even liked wearing the mask, which I actually forgot to bring with us to the party where these pictures were taken. Whoops! Anyway, my crowning achievement of this costume was making his t-shirt. Not because it's super amazing, but because I made my own pattern for it which I'd never done before. The neckhole and collar may be slightly jacked, but just disregard that ;o)

Caroline was a parrot, so I made her a tutu with some feathers attached, and sewed her some bird wings. She looked so cute, and I was really pleased with how it came out! I thought about making something for her head, but since she would most likely take it off in 5 seconds I decided against it. I may make something for her before trick-or-treating next week if I have time. Here are some pictures of our cuties in their costumes!




No comments: