Friday, February 27, 2015

Beach Day

Matthew was home from school today because yesterday I picked him up with a fever and he had to be fever-free for 24 hours before returning. I decided to take advantage of a day with all three munchkins and go to the beach! The weather was definitely not the best, but we decided to make a go of it anyway. We brought our buckets and chairs and found that there was this super cool sand shelf all along the beach. The sand was a little wet and there were sand "rocks" all along the shelf that Matthew quickly discovered were great for sand fights! I had brought my book, but it was a little chilly to sit and read so I decided to get warm by chasing the kids around and having a sand fight! Then we made lots of sand castles and other shapes with our toys.



The kids were getting hungry so we took a break to eat. Caroline is afraid of sea gulls because one stole a cheese stick from out of her hand not too long ago. I assured her that the sea gulls wouldn't bother her today. I couldn't have been more wrong! We circled up our chairs and huddled together to eat and those crazy aggressive birds started flying and hovering right over our heads! Caroline was crying and sitting on my lap, and we thought it smarter to go eat lunch in the car. After our car lunch we headed back to the beach for some more sand fights. Then the kids remembered how fun it is to run from the water. They had a great time screaming and running and I got to read that book I brought for a few minutes. Somehow they all ended up wet and of course freezing, but I still had to pry them away when it was time to leave. It was a great day of quality time in the midst of the chaos.





No comments: