Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Life as a Stay at Home Mom

When I started on this venture back in June, I wasn't sure that I was completely cut out for it. We had just moved, and as a result I didn't have anyone to hang out with or anything to do. Matthew was still taking two naps a day, so I was pretty much stuck in our small apartment all day long. Now 6 months later I wouldn't choose any other job! I absolutely love watching him learn new things every day, and I don't miss any of them! He has just turned into this little person with a sense of humor and personality that makes me smile. I love when he comes over to give me kisses or takes me by the hand to show me where he wants to go next. I have also become his translator as he is learning more and more words every day, but they aren't always easy to understand. We definitely have to watch what we say now, because he's a little parrot and repeats everything - even sound effects! As we approach April and the due date for our baby girl, I am both excited and anxious for how our lives are going to change again. I know that one day I will go back to teaching, but for now I'm content to stay at home and spend time with our little munchkin.

No comments: