Monday, June 6, 2011

Caroline is a month old!

 
Our little girl is a month old! It seems like she has always been here. Matthew has adjusted very well to his little sister. After overcoming some jealousy and clingyness, now he asks for her first thing every morning, gives me status reports on what she's doing during the day, and gives her "bisses" before he goes to bed at night. Caroline has been a great baby so far. She eats well, sleeps well, and is so cute! (I'm not biased at all :o) One thing that has been difficult is she does not like her carseat AT ALL! Unless she's in a dead sleep when I put her in it, she cries, actually screams would be a more accurate word, every time we go somewhere. It's better when we're moving, so I've gotten very creative at finding ways to take the highway and avoiding stopping at red lights. No, I don't run the lights, I just creep up to them as slowly as possible so I don't have to stop until the last minute. She had her one month checkup on the first, and she weighed 10lbs 10oz in the 90th percentile, and was 22 inches long in the 75th percentile. She gained almost 3 pounds in her first month! Well, she actually did gain 3 pounds from her discharge weight of 7lbs 10oz. We love our little cupcake!

No comments: